Sunday, December 19, 2004

Apple Slaw

This little item is something I threw together for our Christmas potluck this year. I originally found the recipe in a book "Semi-Homemade Cooking" by Sandra Lee. It turned our pretty well...

Apple Slaw

Ingredients:
3/4 cup sour cream (I occasionally use unflavored yogurt instead of sour cream)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp ranch seasoning and salad dressing mix
1 package (8 oz) shredded cabbage and carrots
3 green apples, cored and diced
4 green onions, thinly sliced
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Whisk sour cream, sugar, vinegar, and ranch seasoning in a large bowl to blend.
2. Add cabbage mixture, apples, and green onions.
3. Toss to coat.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (I didn't use much at all)
5. Cover tightly and chill 20 minutes or up to 4 hours.
6. Serve cold.

Makes about 4 servings.

No comments: