The third and last heart-healthy bean recipe for this evening. I don't actually recall making this one, but Kate insists that I did and that it was delicious. I don't think we used the yogurt and again I think we served it over rice.
Enjoy!
Black Beans and Green Chiles
Ingredients:
¼ cup low-sodium nonfat chicken broth
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 tsp ground cumin
4 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ cup chopped canned mild green chiles, drained
6 cups low-sodium canned black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups low-sodium canned tomatoes, crushed, juice reserved
¼ tsp ground black pepper
¼ cup nonfat plain yogurt
Directions:
1. Heat broth in a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic, and sauté until onion begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and chiles, and sauté for 1 more minutes.
2. Add beans, tomatoes with juice, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Serve topped with yogurt.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 24 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Monday, December 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment