Friday, November 14, 2008

Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches

Found this one with a George Foreman grill (when I still had one). It's one of Kate's favorites - and these days I just use a real grill to cook the chicken.

Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich

Ingredients:
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp teriyaki baste and glaze sauce
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 tsp grated ginger root
1 tsp honey
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp teriyaki baste and glaze sauce
8-oz can pineapple slices, well drained
4 split kaiser rolls or hoagie buns

Directions:

1. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, 2 tsp teriyaki sauce, sesame seeds, ginger root and honey and blend well. Cover and refrigerate.

2. Brush 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce on chicken breasts and set aside. Pat pineapple slices dry with paper towel and cook on medium heated grill until tender and hot, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from grill. Grill chicken breasts on grill for 4-6 minutes until thoroughly cooked. Make sandwiches with kaiser rolls, reserved mayonnaise mixture, grilled chicken, and grilled pineapple.

4 servings


Notes: I usually flatten the chicken out a bit to insure proper cooking.

No comments: