This is a recipe I stumbled onto while looking for salad recipes. I wish I could remember the link to the blog with this and other salad recipes. I'll post it if I can track it down. However, this is a truly excellent meal and has swiftly elevated itself to one of my and Kate's favorites!
Taco Salad
Ingredients:
1-1/2 Pound Ground beef
1/3 cup salsa
1/4 Cup Onion, chopped
8 Ounce Can corn, drained
8 Ounce Can garbanzo beans, drain
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Dried oregano, crushed
1-6 1/2 oz Package Tortilla or corn chips
1/2 Head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
4 Ounce Cheddar cheese, shredded
French dressing
Optional Toppings:
2 Tomatoes, cut in wedges
1 Avocado, peeled and sliced
Pitted black olives, sliced
Sour cream
Directions:
- Brown meat and drain off fat. Add salsa, onion, corn, beans, salt, pepper and oregano. Simmer 5 minutes.
- For each salad, serve meat mixture over tortilla chips. Top with lettuce and cheese. Drizzle French dressing over top. Add tomatoes, avocado, olives and sour cream, as desired.
Notes: Kate and I never use iceberg lettuce - we prefer a blend of "real" salad greens, like spinach, romaine, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment