Monday, February 07, 2005

Pork Chops with Apples

This is a favorite of Kate's. I originally found the recipe in one of my old Quick Cooking magazines. I'll often use only one onion rather than two. Also, I recommend Fuji apples. Lastly, this works just as well with boneless pork chops.


Pork Chops with Apples


Ingredients:
4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
1 large green apple, cut into thin wedges
1 large red apple, cut into thin wedges
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp brown sugar

Directions:
1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on each side. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and keep warm.
2. In the same skillet, saute onions and apple wedges until crisp-tender.
3. Combine mustard and brown sugar; brush over chops.
4. Return chops to skillet and cook 4 minutes or until meat juices run clear.

Yields 4 servings

No comments: