Been a while since I posted a decent recipe here so I think I'll throw out one that I got from my Betty Crocker cookbook. It's been tweaked a bit but it's mostly as I found it. Enjoy!
Chicken Enchiladas
Ingredients:
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tbsp margarine or butter
1 4-ounce can diced green chili peppers, drained
1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp milk
1/4 tsp ground cumin
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
12 7-inch tortillas
1 10 1/4-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 8-ounce carton plain yogurt
1 cup milk
3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (3 ounces)
Directions:
1. In a skillet, cook the onion in margarine or butter
over medium heat until onion is tender. Remove from
heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the canned green chili
peppers.
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine softened cream
cheese, the tablespoon milk, and cumin; add
onion-chili mixture and chicken. Stir until combined.
Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture onto
each tortilla near an edge; roll up. Place filled
tortillas, seam sides down, in a greased 3-quart
retangular baking dish.
3. In a medium mixing bowl combine soup, plain yogurt,
the 1 cup milk, and remaining canned green chili
peppers. Pour the soup mixture evenly over the
tortillas in the baking dish. Cover with foil and bake
in a 350 degree oven about 35 minutes or until heated
through. Remove foil. Sprinkle enchiladas with
Monterey jack cheese. Return to oven and bake about 5
minutes more or until cheese melts.
Low Fat Options: Use fat free cream cheese, lower
sodium soup, fat-free yogurt, skim milk, and reduced
fat Monterey Jack cheese.
Toppers: 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes.
Prep: 25 minutes
Bake: 40 minutes
Servings: 6
Crunch Option: Cook 1/4 cup chopped pecans with onion.
Also, sprinkle 2 tablespoons chopped pecans with
cheese.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment